Dr Detlef Reis (aka “Dr D”) is the Founder and Chief Ideator of the innovation company Thinkergy Limited. Incorporated in Hong Kong and with offices in Hong Kong, Bangkok and San Diego, Thinkergy is on a mission to create and empower innovators in Asia and beyond with the help of highly effective innovation methods that are delivered to clients in the form of innovation trainings, projects and licensing solutions.
Dr D is also the creator of Thinkergy’s four proprietary innovation methods: X-IDEA, an award-winning innovation process method and related thinking toolbox; Genius Journey, a creative leadership development method; TIPS, an innovation people profiling method; and CooL - Creativity UnLimited, an innovation culture transformation method. He has just finished his first book on innovation titled “The Executive’s Guide to Innovation", which is targeted for global publication in 2H.2018. He has also already lined-up a number of follow-up books, among them the trilogy “Genius Journey. Developing Authentic Creative Leaders for the Innovation Economy” (Parts 1-3) and another book titled “X-IDEA. The Structured Magic of Playful Innovation”.
Over the past ten years, Dr D and Thinkergy successfully delivered over 150 innovation events (innovation trainings and projects) to multinational corporations and supranational organizations, large local corporations and SMEs, government and non-government organizations in Asia, North America, Europe, the Middle East, and Africa. Dr D is also an Adjunct Associate Professor at the Hong Kong Baptist University (appointment in 2014), where he has taught as a visiting lecturer since April 2007. From 2004 to September 2015, he served as a University Lecturer for Business Creativity and Creative Leadership at the College of Management, Mahidol University in Bangkok, Thailand. Dr D looks back on a business career of more than 16 years with Deutsche Bank - one of the leading banks in the world- in Germany, Vietnam, the Philippines and Hong Kong, where he held a position of Vice President and Regional Relationship Manager in the Global Banking Division before starting his own venture.
Dr D graduated with a doctorate in international management from Saarbruecken University in Germany, and published a related book in German, “Financial Management in International Small- and Medium-sized Enterprises”. Dr D is a regular blogger and business writer, and ran a bi-weekly column “Creativity Un-Ltd.” in the business section of the Bangkok Post for more than a decade. Dr D is also a sought after keynote speaker on creativity and innovation at conferences and corporate meetings.
Book Chapters (published):
- Reis, D. and Hunt, B. (2018). X-IDEA: How to use a systematic innovation method for social innovation projects. In: Altenburger, R. (ed.) Innovation Management and Corporate Social Responsibility – Social Responsibility as a Competitive Advantage. Berlin: Springer.
Conference Papers (published & presented)
- Reis, D. and Hunt, B. (2018). Creatively Developing Creative Leaders: Learner’s Feedback on Methodology and Pedagogy. Proceedings of the XXVIII ISPIM Innovation Conference in Stockholm, Sweden, 17-20 June 2018.
- Parisot, X., Reis, D., Hunt, B. & Aria, N. (2018). Application du Paradigme centré sur le Développement pour renforcer le leadership complexe. XXVIIe Conférence Internationale de Management Stratégique in Montpellier, France, 6-8 June 2018.
- Parisot, X., Reis, D., Hunt, B. & Mohammad, N. (2018). Empowering the Development Centered Paradigm using TIPS cognitive test. ICMLG 2018 (6th International Conference on Management, Leadership and Governance) in Bangkok, Thailand, 24 May 2018.
- Reis, D. and Hunt, B. (2017) Training Businesspeople in Structured Innovation: Tracking down Long-Term Impacts. Proceedings of the XXVIII ISPIM Innovation Conference in Vienna, Austria, 18-21 June 2017.
- Reis, D. (2017) Creatively Teaching Creative Leadership: Course Design, Methodology, and Pedagogy. Proceedings of the 2017 ISPIM Innovation Forum in Toronto, Canada, 19-23 March 2017.
- Reis, D. and Hunt, B. (2016) Training Business Professionals in Structured Innovation: Uncovering the Learner’s Experience. Conference paper to be presented at and published in the proceedings of the ISPIM Asia-Pacific Innovation Forum 2017 in Kuala Lumpur, 4-7 December 2016.
- Reis, D. (2016c) Teaching Business Creativity to Young Professionals: Course Design, Pedagogy, and Methodologies. Proceedings of the Bangkok University Communication Arts International Conference 2016 “Creative Industries in Asia: Innovating with Constraints” in Bangkok, July 1-2 2016.
- Reis, D. (2016b) Ideation vs. Development in X-IDEA: How to move beyond conventional ideas in an innovation project? Proceedings of the XXVII ISPIM Innovation Conference in Porto, Portugal, 19-22 June 2016.
- Reis, D. (2016a) TIPS: Getting the people-side of innovation right. Proceedings of the 2016 ISPIM Innovation Forum in Boston, USA, 13-16 March 2016.
- Reis, D. (2015) Genius Journey: Developing Genuine Creative Leaders for the Innovation Economy. Proceedings of the XXVI ISPIM Innovation Conference in Budapest, Hungary, June 14-17 2015.
- Reis, D. (2014) X-IDEA: The Structured Magic of Systematic Innovation. Proceedings of the ISPIM Asia-Pacific Innovation Forum 2014 in Singapore, 7-10 December 2014.
- Reis, D. and Hunt, B. (2012). Ensuring Corporate Sustainability: Designing and Managing an Innovation Pipeline in an Organization. International conference paper presented at the 4th International HR Conference 2011 in Bangkok, 18-20 January 2012.
- Reis, D. (2006). Business Education in the Age of Value Creation. International Conference Paper presented on “The Asian Forum on Business Education” conference in Hanoi, 04.-05.12.2006
- Reis, D. (2006). Teaching Business Creativity. International Conference Workshop conducted on the “Roundtable on Entrepreneurship Education (REE)”-Conference in Bangkok (co-hosted by Stanford University and the College of Management, Mahidol University) in Bangkok, 26-27.06.2006
Published Blog, Newspaper and magazine articles
- Since April 2007, I published close to 300 articles on business creativity, innovation management, and creative leadership in the Thinkergy blog (http://thinkergy.com/blog/) and the bi-weekly column “Creativity Un-Ltd.” in the business section of the Bangkok Post:
- So You’ve Been TIPS-ed, Now What? (Part 2)
- So You’ve Been TIPS-ed, Now What? (Part 1)
- 30 Aug 2018 How to scrutinize cognitive profiling methods (Part 2)
- 16 Aug 2018 How to scrutinize cognitive profiling methods (Part 1)
- 02 Aug 2018 The coming of age of the innovation discipline
- 19 Jul 2018 Why your cognitive profile may evolve over time
- 21 Jun 2018 How to effectively and creatively develop creative leaders?
- 07 Jun 2018 Fresh innovation lessons from the Football World Cup
- 24 May 2018 What consciousness level do you operate on?
- 10 May 2018 Mastering digital transformation (Part 3)
- 26 Apr 2018 Mastering digital transformation (Part 2)
- 12 Apr 2018 Mastering digital transformation (Part 1)
- 29 Mar 2018 How to improve teamwork with TIPS
- 15 Mar 2018 Becoming Dr. D
- 01 Mar 2018 How digitization may affect innovation
- 15 Feb 2018 Creativity in the Year of the Dog
- 1 Feb 2018 Is your mind set on a genius mindset?